Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wine for 1 Euro.





 (Gaudi's house, and some neighborhood pictures. All within a few block of our homestay. all also taken by Katherine's nice camera.)

Slept in til 2 today. Didn't get in until 4, so I suppose that's normal. Spaniards are so wild at night. Its the usual to leave to go out around 11:30... play in a local bar until 2 and then go to a club to dance. I am not able to keep up with these crazies. We stepped outside around 3:30 to get some air from dancing and I just about fell asleep on the sidewalk. I'm a baby. I need to grow up.

Last night was so fun though, regardless of how tiring it was. It started out as just Katherine, our friends Erin, Jane, Kristine, and I... and by the end of the night we had crowd of about 20 girls from IES. God love them. Such a great group of girls. Everyone is so friendly and hilarious. I am so thankful for being able to meet new people here. It also makes me feel much safer to travel in packs. Matt you would have loved it. So many pretty girls to hit on. We gave our girl Anna some great business at her bar, and then walked to a circus themed club down the street. I've learned to always take the promotion flyer they give out on the streets for clubs. It usually gets you a free drink at the bar (I'm cheap!).

As for today, I think we disappointed Felicidad by not going to the beach. It was our original plan, but then we slept so late. Oops. We ended up spending the whole day lazing around. I read a lot here seeing as I don't understand Spanish TV and there's only so much Facebook stalking one can do during down time. I also spent half the day panicking about classes. I managed to sign up for a class in just about every university in Barcelona. Looks like my school week will include a WHOLE LOT of walking around the city. Gonna get my exercise on for sure. Maybe I'll come back as skinny as all these Barcelona broads. They look like they're going to blow away in the wind or snap an arm waving for a taxi. Maybe it's something in the water.

Because we missed breakfast, Katherine and I went to grab some food at a cafe near our apartment. They were only serving tapas at the time, but of course the menu was in catalan. We managed to explain to the waiter that Katherine did not eat meat... so he just about gave us everything on the menu that didn't have meat in it. Delicious, yes. Expensive, also yes. We kindof think we were getting messed with, but we didn't speak enough Catalan (or Spanish for that matter) to tell them to stop bringing us food. Saying "no mas!" only got us laughs in return. Fantastic. After, we did a photo tour of our neighborhood and found a little store to buy snacks for our room. This is where we encountered bottles of wine for 1 euro. Obviously we indulged and snagged a bottle. Who wouldn't? It's been a bit of a homesick day, so we figured we would meet up with some friends later and enjoy said bottle of wine with them.

I definitely could use a hug right about now. I am days away from a big pile of stressful things being dumped on my shoulders... I don't even want to think about it. Someone at home give Tory and Ginger big kisses for me <3

1 comment:

  1. How was the 1 euro wine?
    You should get the cheapest red wine, and then drink it with lemon fanta. 50/50 for the first cup, until more wine to fanta as you drink more. That is what I learned from the Spaniards (through the transitive property)
    Miss you!! <3

    ReplyDelete