Saturday, September 3, 2011

Real sleep. Finally.

Today was the first day I actually felt rested. I was (in the words of some Gabrees) "running on fumes" since about Tuesday night in the states, but I think the jetlag has finally ceased. Last night was a little rough, in the sense of being confusing, not a bad night. Having no phones made it very difficult to find our friends we were supposed to meet up with... soooo Katherine and I made good friends with a bartender at a local bar and spent the night talking to her. She was so adorable. Polish girl, living in Barca with her boyfriend, speaks 4 different languages, loves Dave Matthews Band and the band Phoenix.... goodness, she's fantastic. She gave us free drinks and invited us to a party being held at the same bar next week (we get in for free because we're just so friendly)!

But unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather. Nothing to do with out excursions last night, I promise. I tend to feel sick right when I wake up lately, I think its all the stress of moving to a new country. Anyways, I skipped my orientation and slept in to go to Katherine's meeting (which was the same information). Then we went to lunch with some friends and FINALLY got phones! Now I can communicate! Thank the lord! I also got a bag for school that I can put books in. Problem: They don't take American Express anywhere here. I used cash a lot. Something I was pre-warned about but no one listens to Grace.

I took a nice long nap when we got back, ate dinner with Senora Felicidad (homegirl knows how to cook, thats for sure) and I am killing some time before we head out to a REAL night on the town WITH friends, haha. Last night was a mild fluke.Matt I miss having your charming self at parties and cuddling with me when you start to get sleepy :) Although I don't know how acceptable sleeping is as bars and clubs... hahaha

Starting to feel mighty homesick though. Barcelona is beautiful, the people are friendly, and I constantly am falling more and more in love with the city and its wild culture, but I still miss my old life. Katherine skypes with her friends/family/boyfriend a lot, which makes me miss my friends and family a lot. I constantly think about you all! Utilize that Google Voice thing, I love hearing from you! And email! And SKYPE!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment