Monday, September 12, 2011

Simple pleasures.

Probably one of the least uneventful days here in Barcelona, and also probably one of the better ones.

Had class at 10:45... actually had time to eat breakfast and get some free coffee at home (score). My Spanish class is a joke. It's only a level lower than the class that literally drew tears, yet it seems so easy. It's still miles higher than what I need for UVM credit though, so I don't care. I could use an easy class.

After class I had a lovely lunch of China food with some ladies. Cheap too, yes. Then I strolled home and read a book until Katherine texted me and invited me to meet her and our friend Jane at her apartment. We spent an hour in the cool late-afternoon air of the city on Jane's terrace listening to her play guitar and sing original songs. Homegirl has the most beautiful voice. I can't wait for her to be famous. Then we stopped at a local market and bought some cheap wine in the form of juice boxes (not kidding) that ran me about 30 cents a piece, plus candy because I'm a child, and headed to a park nearby to enjoy our loot.

Not only was the park beautiful, but somehow we stumbled upon a DOG PARK! Best day ever! There were about 20 dogs running around without leashes, playing with each other and letting us pet them. It was some much needed dog therapy for sure. Ended the day with dinner con Felicidad, where she told us about some great places in town to visit (touristy ishh), and I am currently drinking a leftover juice-box of wine and lazing in my bed. I finished my homework like a good little student, no worries.

Days like this make me realize that this is my life. Sure class is important, but being abroad is all about finding things you love about a city thousands of miles away from home. Barcelona, you are beautiful.

Peace, America. Matt do you still hate me?

No comments:

Post a Comment