Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ohhhh this week.

This week has been so ridiculous. Not in the good way. I distract myself by sleeping every chance I can get, as well as wandering around Barcelona.
My UPF classes started this week (the 26th, woof.). I have two... one each day mon-thurs. It is a 45 minute commute to the campus, which is incredibly inconvenient by foot or by metro. Its right by the beach though. Ohh noo worst thing ever.  I plan on spending time before/after class rolling around in the sand on the beach. I hope my professors don't mind if I'm in a bathing suit.

I've been trying to be really frugal with my bank accounts... but this week called for some money-spending. Retail therapy right? I retail therapied the hell out of this city. I bought another pair of Aladin pants, don't hate me Emily. You're going to see them and want a pair. These ones are red. I love them. I also found this really sweet retro shirt with Thom Yorke from Radiohead on it. Score. If you're cringing Emily, just accept that your sister is a big ol' bum, in Vermont and Spain alike.

Oh, also. We went to Karaoke the other night at a bar near Jane's apartment. I sang Benny and the Jets as a duo with Jane... and I had all intentions of singing "All My Lovin" by the Beatles but the people that worked at the bar would skip over us so they could sing themselves. We retaliated by stealing their candy. It was not for customers and definitely belonged to the bartender. Her fault. I didn't get to sing my song because of her. Katherine got to BELT "Say My Name" by Destiny's Child. That girl has a beautiful voice, she acts all modest but she could be the next Beyonce.

This weekend we're going to Mallorca to visit Katherine's friend Carloz Pratz Mendez. As said before, what a name. He's so excited to meet her friends and see her, show us around and take us out to dinner. It sounds like exactly what I need in life. Oh plus he lives on the most beautiful island in Spain. No big deal. His back yard is sky blue ocean. Whatever.

I don't really have much more. Enjoi some photos from the past weekend:


                                      (Merce firework shows. I stole this picture.)


                                     (Crazy Forum concert)


                                 (Last day of La Merce)


I promise to add pictures of karaoke as soon as possible.

Bye America. Talk to you after Mallorca!

No comments:

Post a Comment