Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekendz

Weekends are for homesick breakdowns. Everything slows down... there's still a million and one things to do, and yet getting out of bed and doing them is a whole different story. Hit snooze for an hours worth of interrupted sleeping, and eventually got the energy to put on a bathing suit and go to the beach. It was worth it though. We swam in the Mediterranean and lazed in the sun with a group of IES ladies for a few hours, and eventually packed it in and headed home. Katherine and I scoured the streets for a while looking for something to keep us busy, but Spaniards love to close all the shops for "siesta" between the hours of 1pm and 6pm (I'm convinced its this long). We ended up sitting on a bench outside of a busy bar watching them cheer for FC Barca on a TV that took four guys fiddling with it to turn on.

Eventually though, nothing is going to hold it back. I had my first embarrassing breakdown, tears, snot, and all. I am very far outside of my comfort zone... and a recent discovery threw me over the edge. Better out than in I guess.

I promise to never blog about crying again.

Sorry Matt, didn't mean to forget about you. I love  you and I miss you though!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Gracie Lou! You'll be killing it in 2 weeks when the culture shock wears off...and only 5 weeks until the fam arrives! You'll be crying opposite tears in December on your way home, so enjoy it now!

    ReplyDelete