Friday, October 7, 2011

Where is winter??

It has been record high temperatures here for this particular time of the year. It hasn't dropped below 65 degrees since probably last year. Most days its about 75-80, and it dips back down to around 70 at night. I know I shouldn't be complaining, because I'm going to hate going home to 6 feet of snow and a wind chill of -15, hiking to class in my parka and boots, but really Barcelona? I'm running out of summer clothes. I wear the same outfit twice a week (haha gross). Not to mention it's as humid as a jungle in the city.

All I'm asking for is weather in the 50s. I want to be able to wear pants, and walk to class without sweating to death before I even get there.

Clearly I have nothing to write about, seeing as I'm complaining about the weather.

The other night we went to see our beautiful friend Anna at the Smoking Dog. For those of you just tuning in, Anna is the bartender Katherine and I met the first night we were here. She's such a doll. We dropped in to say hi and bring her bar some business with the mob of girls we travel with (love them to bits). We then somehow got suckered into going to some club that had been promoted all week as free entry if you said a certain promoters name. Apparently when Paris Hilton is in Barcelona she goes to this club. Thanks for the trivia Sam! It was a nice place but it was PACKED with American students who wanted to get in for free and be drunk fools. This is why Spaniards hate Americans. They were all so drunk and obnoxious, breaking glasses on the floor. We obviously didn't stay long. Well, long enough for Katherine to slither into one of the empty go-go dancer cages ad dance around wearing her romper and boat shoes. God love her.

                                       Lila, Jane and I at the Dog :)

This weekend is the big Sensation show! We tried to go shopping to buy something white (its mandatory to wear white or you don't get in) but we ended up just playing around in the shops close to our casa and not finding anything white. I did however buy the best scarf ever, which is why I want it to be cold... so I can wear it. We had to stay close because Erin had a doctors appointment, poor thing has been sick for a while. So Katherine and I went along with her and sat in the waiting room while she went it. When I say "sat in the waiting room" I mean we laid on the couches, played with everything in our purses, tried on everything we bought previously, played word games. Erin is ok though, thank goodness!


Alright, sorry my life is boring. Maybe I'll have something to write about after Sensation. Im so exciteddddd!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJ507zCVG8               <<<<< Sensation Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment